1. Advising VNU-HCM Management in English testing
2. Acting as an authorized testing organization for the whole VNU-HCM system
1. Building a standardized English proficiency test based on the CEFR and the item bank for VNU-HCM
2. Training testing staff for VNU-HCM
3. Organizing and co-organizing exams (independently or in cooperation with other organizations upon request) to assess students’ English proficiency according to VNU-HCM’s regulations.
4. Issuing and managing certificates as authorized by VNU-HCM’s Board of Presidents
5. Organizing in and supporting in English testing, counseling and establishing English testing centers for other educational institutions upon request
6. Cooperating with prestigious international testing organizations
1. Assigning the above functions and responsibilities to VNU-ETC, VNU-HCM aims to make it a professional English testing center which is responsible for assessing English proficiency based on international standards nationally and regionally.